Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Little Bio

I realized this morning that I have been wandering along with this blog (as well as other things) and you don't know much about me - or why I'm wandering/wondering about.
It's not a new story really. I have a feeling most working mothers out there search for that balance between work, kiddos, friends, partners and themselves. So I have a mind that wanders around, trying to figure out how to do it all. Another un-original theme.
A friend of mine writes a blog called "Happily Even After" where she refers to her husband as "Mr. R" for Mister Right. I love it. I have thus far referred to my husband and partner as "hubby" but somehow that seems degrading, probably for both of us.
WAY back in 1993 (yes, that's '93, not '03) when we met, we fell in love in the bar we both worked at during a conversation about Soul Mates. We'd basically both had decent breakups but had gotten to the "optimistic" phase, declaring that even while we are able to Love more than one person in our lifetime - but we all have one true Soul Mate. I do believe I'm lucky enough to have married my Soul Mate. So from now on, I'll be referring to my husband as SM in this blog - or SMate, occasionally, cuz that sounds like smeat and we're suckers for WaterWorld. hee
After college SM and I moved from Indiana to Montana. Suffice it to say that it was there, in the BEAUTIFUL land that is Montana, we realized we were city folk and within a year were living in Seattle - the nearest city. We've never left, in fact, we've convinced my parents to move out here, which led my Grandmother to leave here as well - with them. This means my 2 kiddos get to spend loads of time with their "Grandma, Grandad and Great Lil" and this has been absolutely priceless.
I think that's going to have to be all for now. I hope this is a good read, for some to make you feel better about your own situation, and for some to give you something to look forward to.
good luck moms (and dads and well - everyone these days)
I'll leave you with a quote I saw in someone's email signature earlier today
"Be kind, everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle".
hear hear

No comments: